We look forward to having you with us in Danville, Indiana from July 6 to 9, 2017. Here is a list of what to expect from National Powwow XVII:
- Four sessions of intertribal singing and dancing
- Northern and Southern singing
- Tipi encampment and competition
- A large variety of educational seminars
- Arts and crafts contest
- Variety of quality traders and vendors
- Children’s powwow and activities
- Princess contest
- Special contests and exhibitions
At National Powwow, we like to offer many types of programs that add to our 4 day Powwow! Below are some highlights that will be available our guests and participants:
1. Judie Aitken was the NPW artist for many years and created amazing artwork, but she tragically passed away in 2015. To honor her contributions to NPW, we will have a special exhibit featuring her artwork.
2. Stage B will offer special programs such as birds or prey demonstrations, a variety of musical performance, flint knapping, and more!
3. A 5K Fun Run will allow families and individual to complete this fun run and/or walk at the Fairgrounds for those that enjoy healthy lifestyles. Special NPW Race T-shirts will be given out to all those that register for this event.
4. The NPW Service Project will reflect our ideology of giving back to the community. This years’ service project will focus on the collection of school supplies that will be given to American Indian college students to further promote their success in school.
5. Our first ever Dutch Oven Cook-off will allow participants to show off their cooking talents and let’s us find out who has the best cobbler recipe at NPW. Come be a part of the 1st ever NPW Cobbler cook off!
6. A flag retirement ceremony will allow anyone to bring their United States flag to be retired with the proper ceremony. The grommets from your flag will be given to veterans that have served our country.